৩ আগস্ট, ২০১৯ ০০:০০ | পড়া যাবে ৮ মিনিটে
Read the text and answer the question no. 1, 2, 3 and 4.
Saikat Islam lives with his parents in a flat in Bogura. His father Mr. Rashidul Islam is a banker. But in is free time Mr. Islam writes storeis and listens to music. Saikat’s mother is Mrs. Monwara Islam, she is a housewife. In her free time she enjoys sewing. She makes dress. She often gets orders from her friends and neighbours. Saikat is in class 5. He is a good student. He wants to improve his English. So he watches cartoons on TV everyday. He also reads English books. He likes books about animals, especially tigers and lions.
1. Match the words of column a with the similar meaning of column B. 1×5=5
Or, Fill in the gaps with the best word from the box. find the information in the text. There are extra words which you need not.
a) Saikat Islam lives in a — in Bogurah.
b) Mr. Rashidul Islam liked to — music in his free time.
c) Saikat wants to — better in English.
d) He watches cartoons on TV and also — English books.
e) Saikat mother makes —
2. Write ‘True’ for correct statement or ‘false’ for incorrect statement. 1´6=6
a) Saikat Islam lives with his parents in a slum in Bogura.
b) Mr. Rashidul Islam is a banker.
c) Saikat wants to improve his Math.
d) Saikat is a brilliant student.
e) Mrs. Monwara Islam is a teacher.
f) There are three memebers in Saikat’s family.
3. Answer the following question in a sentence or sentences. 2×6=12
a) Where does Saikat live? 1
b) What is Saikat parents? 2
c) Write three sentences about Mrs Monwara Islam. 3
d) What does Saikat father’s do in his free time? 2
e) Which books does Saikat like? 2
f) What does Saikat want to improve? 2
4. Write a short composition on ‘Your Family’ (Write at least five sentences about the topic remember to use capital letters, punctuation, correct spelling and sentence structure) 10
Read the text and answer the questions no. 5, 6, 7 and 8.
Once upon a time, there lived a farmer in a village. He did not work. He had a wonderful goose. The goose laid a golden egg everyday. he farmer sold it in the market and supported his family. He became rich. At the same time he became greedy too. He wanted to rich overnight. He didn’t want to wait for a golden egg for every morning. So he wanted all the eggs at a time. He wanted to cut the belly of the goose and take out the gold eggs at time. He told his wife about his plan. She was a wise woman. She did not agree with him. One day the greedy farmer took a sharp knife and cut the belly of the goose. But he surprised, he found no eggs inside his goose for ever. He became poor again.
5. Fill in the gaps with the best word from the box. Find the information in the text. There are extra words which you need not use. 1×5=5
a) The goose laid a — egg everyday.
b) The farmer was a — man.
c) He — the belly of the goose.
d) He found no eggs — the belly of the goose.
e) He — poor again.
6. Write the ‘True’ for correct statement or ‘False’ for incorrect statement. 1×6=6
a) The farmer lives in a town.
b) The farmer sold the eggs in the market.
c) The goose laid two golden eggs daily.
d) The farmer worked hard.
e) The farmer became poor again.
7. Answer the following questions. 2×5=10
a. How was the farmer? 1
b. Where did the farmer sell the eggs? 2
c. How was the farmer’s wife? 2
d. How many eggs did the goose lay everyday? 2
e. Write three sentences about the wonderful goose? 3
8. Suppose, you have heard a strange story about a wonderful goose. Now write a letter to your friend describing the story. [Here some words to help you: date, address, salutation, main point for the letter, closing. Remember to write at least six sentences, use capital letters, full stops and correct spellings]. 10
9. Make WH Questions from the given sentences With Who, What, When, Where, Why, Which And How using the underline word or words. 10
a. The boys are playing in field.
b. Mahim writes a composition.
c. Maria does not go to school today for sickness..
d. Nirjon gets up at 5 O’clock.?
e. Mr. Rahman is a doctor.
1. a) Parents - father and mother of a person.
b) Banker -who works in Bank. c) Improve - try to do well. d) Neighbours -who live beside us.
e) Lives - to stay in a place.
Or, a) flat b) listen c) do d) reads e) dresses
2. a) False b) True c) False d) True e) False f) True.
3. a) Saikat lives in a flat in Bogura. b) Saikat's father is a banker and mother is a housewife. c) Mrs Monwara Islam is Saikat's mother. She is a housewife. In her free time she enjoys sewing.
d) Saikat's father writes stories and listens to music in his free time. e) Saikat likes books about animals, specially tigers and lions. f) Saikat wants to improve his English.
4. My family I live with my parents in an apartment in Dhaka. My father Abdur Rahman, is a teacher. He likes listen music in his free time. My mother Helena Begum, is a housewife.In her free time she likes sewing .My grandparents also live with us. My grandma tells me stories about ghosts. Grandfather helps me to do my homework. I have a little sister. She reads in class two. We are a happy family. I am proud of my family.
5. a) golden; b) greedy; c) cut; d) inside; e) became
6. a) false; b) true; c) false; d) false; e) true.
7. a) The farmer was a greedy man.
b) The farmer sold the egg in the market.
c) The farmer's wife was a wise woman.
d) The goose laid a golden egg everyday.
e) The farmer had a wonderful goose. The goose laid a golden egg everyday. The goose helped the farmer to become rich.
Dhaka, Nikunja 2
At first take my cordial love. I hope you are well by the grace of Almighty. I am also fine. I am writing you about a wonderful goose.
There was a farmer who had a wonderful goose. The goose laid a golden egg everyday. The farmer sold it in the market. He became rich. But he was greedy. He wanted to rich overnight. He cut the belly of the goose. But found nothing. He became poor again.
No more today. Meet me soon.
Your ever Suny.
9. a) Where are the boys playing?
b) What does Mahim write?
c) Why doesn't Maria go to school today?
d) When does Nirjon get up?
e) Who is a doctor?