Fill in the blanks with the following texts with articles (a/an/the) as necessary. Some of the blanks may not require an article. Put a cross (×) in those blanks.
1. Industry is (a) — key to success. (b) — industrious can prosper in life. (c) — man who does not undertake (d) — hard work can never go (e) — long way in (f) — world. Many (g) — man is not conscious of (h) — importance of (i) — diligence for which they can’t reap (j) — benefit of success.
2. (a) — 16th December is (b) — red letter day in the history of Bangladesh. On this day we achieved victory at (c) — cost of (d) — bloody battle. Bangladesh came into being as (e) — independent country. It occupied a place in the world (f) — map. Every year we observe (g) — day with due solemnity. We remember (h) — supreme sacrifice of our heroic sons. The day is (i) — public holiday. The day begins with gunshot. The national flag is hoisted on (j) — top of the each house.
3. Patriotism is (a) — noble virtue. It inspires (b) — man to shed the last drop of blood to defend (c) — freedom of his country. (d) — man without patriotism is no better than (e) — beast. A true patriot is honoured by (f) —all. He thinks for (g) — welfare of his country. On (h) — other hand, (i) — unpatriotic man thinks only of his own interest. Those who die for (j) — country are true patriots.
4. Bangladesh is a land of (a) — scenic beauty, (b) — land, (c) — rivers and the forest are (d) — sources of this beauty. Geographically Bangladesh can be divided into four regions. In many places there is lot of amazing beautiful spots. For this reason, (e) — tourism business can flourish here, (f) — wild animals of (g) — Sundarbans are also (h) — great asset. Tourism can play (i) — vital role in national economy. But it is still in elementary stage. So, we have to cross (j) — long way.
5. (a) — morning walk is a good habit for all classes of people. It is (b) — simple exercise and good for health and (c) — mentality. In the morning, (d) — air is fresh and free from any kind of noise and pollution. This pure (e) — environment makes an effect on (f) — walker’s health and mind when (g) — man enjoys (h) — beauties and solemnity of (i) — nature in (j) — morning.
6. There is a saying that sincerity is (a) — key to success. (b) — person can prosper in life by doing hard work. The man who does not follow (c) — rules of sincerity can never go (d) — long way in (e) — world. Many (f) — man is not conscious of (g) — importance of (h) — sincerity for which they don’t have (i) — benefit of (j) — success. However, we should be sincere to our work if we want to achieve anything notable.
1. (a) the, (b) the, (c) the, (d) ×, (e) a, (f) the, (g) a, (h) the, (i) ×, (j) the.
2. (a) the, (b) a, (c) the, (d) a, (e) an, (f) ×, (g) the, (h) the, (i) a, (j) the.
3. (a) a, (b) a, (c) the, (d) a, (e) a, (f) a, (g) the, (h) the, (i) an, (j) the.
4. (a) ×, (b) the, (c) the, (d) the, (e) ×, (f) the, (g) the, (h) a, (i) a, (j) a.
5. (a) ×, (b) a, (c) ×, (d) the, (e) ×, (f) the, (g) a, (h) the, (i) ×, (j) the.
6. (a) the, (b) a, (c) the, (d) a, (e) the, (f) a, (g) the, (h) ×, (i) the, (j) ×.