Dhaka is the most crowded city in the world
প্রশ্নপত্রের ৮ নম্বর প্রশ্নে Suffix I Prefix-এর ওপর শূণ্যস্থান আসে। এর আগে Suffix ও Prefix-যোগে বিভিন্ন শব্দ তৈরি নিয়ে আলোচনা করা হয়েছে। আজ কতগুলো উদাহরণ দেওয়া হলো—
1. You should bear in mind that (a) — (confidence) — assists a man to reach the goal of life. The lack of (b) — (determine) — leads one to lose the confidence. You need it in order to (c) — (come) — the problems of life. Fix a target and then try (d) — (sincere) — to gain success. Don’t lose heart if you fail. Remember that (e) — (fail) — is the pillar of success. Whereas success without (f) — (compete) — is not enjoyable. Determination keeps you (g) — (mental) — strong and makes (h) — (prepare) — for struggling to reach the goal. Nobody can be (i) — (success) — in his mission. Failure makes him more (j) — (determine) — to work hard.
Answers : (a) self-confidence (b) determination (c) overcome (d) sincerely (e) failure (f) competition (g) mentally (h) preparation (i) successful (j) determined.
2. The city of Dhaka is (a) — (crowded) — because there is a continuous (b) — (migrate) of people from villages. To control this trend, different (c) — (install) — should be (d) — (centralized). — Then people will not move towards the city for (e) — (employ) —. We should remember that the problems of Dhaka will not be changed (f) — (night) — or (g) — (automatic) —. Both govt. and people should work (h)….(earnest)……to solve these problems. Govt. may introduce (i) — (attract) — working opportunities in rural area which will check village people’s (j) — (incline) — to come to the capital for their living.
Answers : (a) over-crowded (b) migration (c) installations (d) decentralized (e) employment (f) overnight (g) automatically (h) earnestly (i) attractive (j) inclination
3. Education develops our mind through (a) — (form) learning. The moral and (b) — (intellect) training is provided by education. Again, the purpose of education is to (c) — (light) the individual. The (d) — (promote) of the individual’s capacity is also its purpose. Education (e) — (noble) our minds and refines our (f) — (sensible). So, there are (g) — (vary) advantages of education. We cannot find any (h) — (advantage) of education. In the present world, no (i) — (develop) is possible without education. The (j) — (prosper) of a country depends on proper education of the people.
Answers : (a) formal (b) intellectual (c) enlighten (d) promotion (e) ennobles (f) sensibility (g) various (h) disadvantage (i) development (j) prosperity.
4. Newspaper carries (a) — (inform) and news. Sometimes it becomes a (b) — (propaganda) and publishes propaganda. Thus it (c) — (bitter) relation among different parties. Yellow (d) — (journal) is very harmful. The journalists should be (e) — (biased) while collecting news. All journalists must maintain (f) — (honest) and (g) — (neutral). They should not try to (h) — (fool) the public by publishing false news. Any (i) — (representation) or (j) — (exaggerate) of news may create anarchy.
Answers : (a) information (b) propagandist (c) embitters (d) journalism (e) unbiased (f) honesty (g) neutrality (h) befool (i) misrepresentation (j) exaggeration.
5. Our (a) — (free) — fighters are the real heroes of our country. We should remember them (b) — (respect) — as they sacrificed their lives for the (c) — (liberate) — of our (d) — (loved) — motherland. It is a matter of great regret that most of them are (e) — (marked) — and our younger generation knows (f) — (hard) — about their (g) — (chivalry) — struggle. Yet today many of the real (h) — (free) — fighters have not been found out and (i) — (establish) — Some of them live in extreme (j) — (poor) —
Answers : (a) freedom (b) respectfully (c) liberation (d) beloved (e) unmarked (f) hardly (g) chivalric (h) freedom (i) established (j) poverty
6. The dead (a) — (war) — was brought before the widow. She stood beside the dead body. She was (b) — (speech) because she was (c) — (whelmed) — with grief. All standing around the dead body (d) — (called) — the good qualities of her husband. But she was still standing (e) — (moved) —. She burst into tears when her child was given onto her lap. She wept (f) — (bitter) — thinking of the (g) — (fortune) — of her child as it had become (h) — (father) — She also felt proud of her husbands (i) — (hero) — Her husband embraced (j) — (martyr) —.
Answers : (a) warrior (b) speechless (c) overwhelmed (d) recalled (e) unmoved (f) bitterly (g) misfortune (h) fatherless (i) heroism (j) martyrdom
7. Man has a/an (a) — (quench) — thirst for knowledge. He has no (b) — (satisfied) — for what he has known and seen. He wants to know more and more. This (c) — (curious) — to know more, coupled with his (d) — (domitable) — spirit of adventure has inspired him to (e) — (take) — and carry out difficult and dangerous tasks. It has (f) — (event) — resulted in epoch-making discoveries and (g) — (invent) — and led him in his (h) — (continue) — journey from his (i) — (help) — state of power and progress. In the fields of science and technology man has many (j) — (achieve) —.
Answers : (a) unquenchable (b) satisfaction (c) curiosity (d) indomitable (e) undertake (f) eventually (g) inventions (h) continuous (i) helpless (j) achievements
8. (a) — (urban) — is a great problem in our small country. Due to it, (b) — (cultivate) — land is (c) — (crease) — day by day. As a result, an acute (d) — (short) — is seen in agricultural (e) — (produce) — If we want to get rid of it, a (f) — (plan) — system should be applied. (g) — (wise) — our (h) — (agro) — economy and urban (i) — (civil) — will face a great problem. So (j) — (initiate) — should be taken.
Answers : (a) Urbanization (b) cultivable (c) decreasing (d) shortage (e) production (f) planned (g) otherwise (h) agro-based (i) civilization (j) initiatives
9. Money cannot buy (a) — (happy) —. Money is (b) — (obvious) — necessary for our life. But it is not the thing that (c) — (necessary) — brings happiness. Happiness is (d) — (absolute) — a psychological thing. Basically, it is the name of a (e) — (feel) —. It lies in the (f)— (content) — of mind. A poor man with mental (g) — (satisfy) — may become really happy in life. On the other hand, a man with a lot of (h) —(rich) — may not be happy. Their wealth becomes the causes of (i) — (happy) — because most of the time they suffer from (j) — (secure) —. So, they lead a life full of cares and anxieties.
Answers : (a) happiness (b) obviously (c) necessarily (d) absolutely (e) feeling (f) contentment (g) satisfaction (h) riches (i) unhappiness (j) insecurity.