Change the following assage into indirect speech.
[পূর্ব প্রকাশের পর]
13. Nabila said to the English teacher, ‘Sir, I want to improve my English. How can I do that?’ ‘Don’t worry. I shall help you, ‘said the teacher. ‘Thank you sir, ‘said Nabila. ‘Give emphasis on all the four skills of language namely listening, speaking, reading and writing, ‘said the teacher.
14. Once I asked a sweet little girl, ‘What is your mother’s name?’ She replied cleverly, ‘I know my mother’s name but I won’t tell you that.’ I said, ‘What a clever girl you are!’ ‘I don’t tell my mother’s name to anybody whom I don’t know,’ she spoke with an air of confidence.
15.‘Will you buy my hair? asked Della. ‘I buy hair,’ said Madam. ‘Take your hat off and let’s have a sight at the looks of it.’ ‘Twenty dollars,’ said Madam. ‘Give it to me quickly,’ said Della.
16. ‘My dear son, give me a glass of water. I am very thirsty. Perhaps the temperature has gone very high.’ ‘Well, let me fetch it for you. Please wait a bit.’ ‘May Allah bless you.’
17. The teacher said to the girl, ‘Do you think that honesty is the best policy?’ The girl said, ‘Yes, sir, I think so.’ ‘Then learn to be honest from your childhood,’ said the teacher. ‘Thank you, sir,’ ‘May Allah grant you a long life,’ said the teacher.
18. ‘Have you taken your meal, Tahmid?’ said the mother. ‘Yes, I have taken my meal,’ replied Tahmid. ‘Will you eat any fruit? Eat some mangoes,’ the mother said.
19. ‘Have you killed the rats?’ said the Mayor. ‘Yes, I have,’ said the Piper. ‘Give me the promised money.’ ‘How funny!’ said the Mayor. ‘We cannot give you so much money. Take only fifty.’
20. ‘I have got GPA-5 in the JSC examination,’ said Tanvir. ‘Congratulation’. ‘What do you intend to do now?’ asked Mamun. ‘I want to study in a reputed school. I try to get admission in Mirzapur Cadet College’, said Tanvir. ‘Well, you will do better in the long run but it’s difficult to do,’ said Mamun.
13. Nabila told the English teacher politely that she wanted to improve her English. She asked how she could do that. The teacher told her not to worry. He also said that he would help her. Nabila politely thanked him. The teacher advised her to give emphasis on all the four skills of language namely listening, speaking, reading and writing.
14. Once I asked a sweet little girl what her mother’s name was. She replied cleverly that she knew her mother’s name but she would not tell me that. I exclaimed with wonder that she was a very clever girl. She spoke with an air of confidence that she did not tell her mother’s name to anybody whom she did not know.
15. Della asked Madam if she (M) would buy her (D) hair. In reply Madam said that she (M) bought hair. Then she (M) told her (D) to take her (D) hat off and suggested that they should have a sight at the looks of it. After that Madam said that she (M) would give her (D) twenty dollars for her (D) hair. Della agreed and requested her (M) to give the money to her quickly.
16. The speaker ffectionately told his son to give him a glass of water. Then he said that he was very thirsty and that perhaps the temperature had gone very high. Being compliant the son then told him that he might be allowed to fetch it for him. He requested him to wait a bit. The speaker then prayed that Allah might bless him.
17. The teacher asked the girl if she (g) thought that honesty is the best policy. The girl respectfully replied in the affirmative and said that she thought so. Then the teacher advised her (the girl) then to learn to be honest from her childhood. The girl respectfully thanked him (the teacher). The teacher prayed that Allah might grant her (the girl) a long life.
18. The mother asked Tahmid if he had taken his meal. Tahmid replied in the affirmative and said that he had taken his meal. The mother again asked him if he would eat any fruits and told him to eat some mangoes.
19. The Mayor asked the Piper if he (P) had killed the rates. The Piper replied in the affirmative and said that he had killed them. The Piper told him (M) to give him (P) the promised money. The Mayor exclaimed with wonder that he (P) was very funny. He (M) said that they could not give him (P) so much money. He (M) told him (P) to take only fifty.
20.Tanvir told Mamun that he had got GPA-5 in the JSC examination. Mamun congratulated him (T) and asked what he (T) tended to do then. Tanvir replied that he (T) wanted to study in a reputed school. He (T) added that he tried to get admission in Mirzapur Cadet College. Mamun appreciated him (T) and told him that he (T) would do better in the long run but it was difficult to do.