G r a m m a r
Complete the text adding suffixes, prefixes or the both with the root words given in the parenthesis
[পূর্ব প্রকাশের পর]
4. Agriculture is the soul of our national economy. But the farmers of our country are (a) — (literate). They are (b) — (ignore) of the scientific methods of (c) — (cultivate). As a result, our agriculture is still a (d) — (gamble) in the hands of nature. Sometimes heavy flood damages standing crops and invites (e) — (scarce) in an epidemic form. Besides, sometimes drought makes cultivation (f) — (possible). Then (g) — (poor) is seen everywhere. As a result, poor farmers cannot buy (h) — (science) tools for agriculture. Moreover, the tools are not (i) — (avail) to buy them. So, it is said that (j) — (irrigate) is really costly in our country.
5. The other name of water is life. Clean water is (a) — (drink). Dirty water is (b) — (safe). Clean water is (c) — (contaminate) and (d) — (suit) for drinking. Bangladesh is a (e) — (river) country. But we get (f) — (adequate) water for use. The water of our rivers is (g) — (filth) and (h) — (poison). We should keep water clean for health, happiness and (i) — (long). The Government should play an (j) — (act) role to keep water safe.
6. The aim of (a) —(educated) is to make a man fully equipped to be (b) — (use) to himself and to society. A (c) — (true) (d) — (person) needs. He should be well mannered, (e) —(though) sympathetic and co-operative. He should be (f) — (truth), honest, punctual and (g) — (duty). Punctuality is a virtue that makes an action (h) — (prosper). An educated person tries to (i) — (move) the sufferings of his countrymen. He also helps others in attaining (j) — (self-reliant).
7. Man is (a) — (nature) curious to know the unknown. Newspaper is the best medium to satisfy this (b) —(curious). It tells us what is (c) — (happen) around the world. It is the (d) — (supply) of all sorts of news and views. A newspaper is a (e) — (power) instrument of publicity. Government (f) — (notify) are given publicly through it. It is a good (g) — (company) in our solitary hours. It helps the (h) — (grow) of public opinion. But it is not an (i) — (mix) blessing. However, newspaper has made the world (j) — (small) and help one nation to understand the other.
8. Smoking produces (a) — (danger) effects on man. By smoking a man incurs both physical and (b) — (economy) loss. Smoking is a kind of (c) — (addict). Those who become (d) — (addict) to drug. First begin smoking which is the initial step of addiction. We should raise (e) — (aware) among our people. We should (f) — (courage) others to smoke. It is (g) — (possible) to stop smoking without (h) — (unite) efforts. (i) — (fortunate) only the (j) — (wise) men can do such foolish work.
9. The books of famous (a) — (write) are put on sale in the book fair. Most of the (b) — (visit) buy books of different (c) — (publish). Almost no visitor returns from the fair without making any purchase. The (d) — (buy) like to buy at a fair price. Our book fair is always (e) — (crowd). As (f) — (vary) books are (g) — (play) in a fair, the buyers get a scope to choose books. They buy their (h) — (choose) books after a long search. This facility is (i) — (available) in any place other than a book fair. A book fair is always (j) — (come) to the students.
10. Money cannot buy (a) — (happy). Money is a must for our life. But it is not necessary to bring happiness. Happiness is (b) — (absolute) a (c) — (psychology) thing. It is the name of a (d) — (feel) it means the (e) — (content) of the mind. He who has (f) — (satisfy) with what he has is (g) — (real) a happy one. Above all, we should keep in mind that (h) — (world) happiness is not at all. If we want to be (i) — (eternal) happy and lead a (j) — (dignify) life, we have to earn money in an honest way.
4. (a) illiterate
5. (a) drinkable
6. (a) education
7. (a) naturally
8. (a) dangerous
9. (a) writers
10. (a) happiness