[পূর্ব প্রকাশের পর]
Read the text and answer the questions no 5, 6, 7 and 8.
Lalpur is a village. It looks beautiful. Most of the villagers are farmers. Adil lives with his parents in this village. Adil’s father Mr. Abdur Rob is also a farmer and mother Mrs. Najifa Begum is a housewife. Adil has a younger brother Atiq. Atiq is nine years old. He reads in class 4. Adil has also a younger sister, Afifa. Adil and Atiq read in a local primary school. Adil goes to school regularly. He is a good student. All the teachers of his school like him very much. This year Adil will attend Primary Education Completion Examination (PECE). Adil studies hard to get good result in PECE. But Atiq is not attentive to his study like Adil. He always loves to play. Adil helps his younger brother to make his lesson. He also helps his parents in free time. They have a vegetable garden in front of their house. His brother and sister also help their mother in the vegetable garden. They share the vegetable with their neighbours. All the villagers love them very much. They are a happy family of their village.
5. Write one of the words that completes each sentence. There are three extra words which you do not need to use. 1×5=5
a) Mr. Abdur Rob is a —.
b) Lalpur — beautiful.
c) Atiq is nine — old.
d) — goes to school regularly.
e) They — the vegetable with their neighbours.
6. Write True in your answer script if the statement is true, Write false if the statement is false. 1×6=6
a) Most of the villagers are Rickshaw puller.
b) Adil’s mother Mrs. Nafisa Begum is a helath assistant.
c) Adil goes to school regularly.
d) Atiq always loves to play.
e) They share the vegetable with their neighbours.
f) All the villagers hate them very much.
7. Answer the following questions in a sentence or sentences. 2×5=10
a) Who is Akifa?
b) What is Adil?
c) What does Adil do to get good result in PECE?
d) Why do all the teachers like Adil?
e) Write Two sentences about Adil’s family.
8. Suppose, you are Azad/Azra. You live in Barisal. Your friend Afzal/Afroja wants to know about your friend about your family. 10
[Here are some words to help you: date, address, solution, main points for the letter, closing. Remember to write at least six sentences, use capital letters, full stops and correct spelling.]
9. Make five WH questions from the given statements by using Who, What, When, Where, Why, Which and How with the underlined word(s). 2×5=10
a) Raju was in class 5.
b) Raju is a fire fighter.
c) A long time ago there was a fire in Raju’s school.
d) Raju teaches new fire fighter.
e) There are 13 upazilas in the district.
10. Read the instructions for writing a paragraph, then answer the following
questions : 1+2+3=6
a) Which should be made in top of the paragraph?
b) In how many para must a paragraph be written?
c) What about sentences in the paragraph?
11. Here is a schedule of your daily activities. Write the times by using am/pm when you do these activities. 5
12. Rearrange words in the correct order to make meaningful sentences. 2×5=10
a) panicked was very one no everyone afraid but.
b) out soon the put fire came fire fighter and the.
c) In Raju free his time schools visits.
d) As get a money didn’t volunteer any he work for his.
e) They teachers should to their listen.
13. Suppose, Tamanna lives with her parents. Recently her father father has been transferred from Dhaka to Bogura. Her father’s name is Md. Karim and mother’s name is Taslima Begum. Now she wants to get admitted to class five in a local primary school on transfer. Her date of birth is 29 June. By using the above information, you have to fill up the following admission form.
5. a) farmer b) looks
c) years d) Adil
6. a) False b) False
c) True d) True
e) True f) False.
a) Akifa is Adil’s younger sister.
b) Adil is a student of class five.
c) Adil studies hard to get good result in PECE.
d) All the teachers like Adil because he goes to school regularly and he is a good student also.
e) Adil lives with his parents and younger brother, one sister in the village of Lalpur. Adil’s father Mr. Abdur Rob is a farmer and his mother Mrs. Nazifa Begum is a housewife.
21 September, 2019
I am very happy to receive your letter. Thanks for the letter. In your letter, You have wanted to knoew about my family. Now I am writing about it.
Our family consists of five
members. My parents, myself, Atiq and Akifa. We live in a village. My father is a farmer and my mother is a housewife. I read in class five. Atiq is in class four and Akifa is in class two in the local primary school. We help our parents in their work. We are a happy family in the village.
No more Today. Convey my salam to your parents. Write to me soon about your family.
a) What class was Raju in?
b) Who is a fire fighter?
c) When was there a fire in Raju’s school?
d) What does Raju do to new fire fighter?
e) How many upazilas are there in the district?
b) A paragraph should be written in one para.
c) The sentences should be simple and short and the repetition of the same sentence should be avoided and the consequences of sentence meaning should be mentioned.
a) I get up from bed at 7 am.
b) I go to school after taking breakfast at 9 am.
c) I take lunch at 1 pm.
d) I return from school at 3 pm.
e) I take dinner at 10 pm.
a) Everyone was very afraid, but no one panicked.
b) Soon the fire fighters come and put out the fire.
c) In his free time, Raju visits schools.
d) As a volunteer, he did not get any money for his work.
e) They should listen to their teachers.