[গত কালের পর]
Read the following text carefully and answer the question no. 4 & 5.
Abul Fazal, educationist and writer, was born on 1 July 1903 in the village of Keochia in Satkania Upazilla of Chattogram district. His father, Moulvi Fazlur Rahman, was an Imam of Chattogram Jame Masjid. He completed his BA from Dhaka University in 1928. In 1930, he did his BT from Teacher’s Training College, Dhaka. He completed his master’s degree in Bangla Language and Literature from Kolkata University in 1940. He worked as a teacher of Bangla in Krishnanagar College and Chattogram College. In 1973 he was made Vice-Chancellor of Chattogram University. In 1975 he joined the Advisory Council of the Government of Bangladesh, but resigned on 23 June 1977. He wrote novels, short stories, plays, memories of travels etc. His contribution to Bangla Literature earned him the Bangla Academy Award (1962), the President’s Award (1963). the Adamjee Literary Award (1966) etc. He died on 4 May 1983 in Chattogram.
4. Complete the following table with information from the passage. 1Í5 = 5
5. Write a summary of the above passage in your own words. 10
6. Match the parts of sentences given in column ‘A’, ‘B’ and ‘C’ to write five complete sentences. 1Í5 = 5
7. Put the following parts of the story in correct order to make the whole story. Only the corresponding numbers of the sentences need to be written. 1Í8 = 8
(a) On the way, people were showing due respect to the statue of the goddess.
(b) So, feeling proud, the donkey started to bray in joy.
(c) Once a statue of goddess was being taken to the town placing on the back of a donkey.
(d) Then the driver of the donkey became very angry.
(e) Saying this, he started beating the donkey with his stick.
(f) Seeing this, the donkey thought that people were showing him honour.
(g) He said, ‘You wretched, do you think people show you this respect? Such a bad day for man will never come.’
(h) Moreover, it refused to move even a step.
4. (i) 4 May 1983
(ii) master’s degree
(iii) Bangla Language and Literature
(iv) Chattogram University
(v) in 1975
5. Abul Fazl was a renowned educationist and writer of our country. His father was an Imam of Chattogram Jame Masjid. He studied in Bangla Language and Literature. He worked as a teacher. In 1973 he was made Vice-Chancellor of Chattograrn University. He was in the Advisory Council of the Govt. of Bangladesh for about 2 years. He wrote novels, short stories, plays, memories etc. He got Bangla Academy Award in 1962, the President’s Award in 1963, of travels the Adamjee Literary Award in 1966. He died in 4 May 1983.
(a) Bangladesh lies in the active earthquake zone!
(b) During recent years earthquakes recur frequently in Bangladesh.
(c) The recurrences of quakes in recent years have frightened everybody of our country.
(d) Experts gave warning regarding earthquake.
(e) Earthquake-resistant building code should be followed strictly at the time of building any house.