Kazi Nazrul Islam
নমুনা প্রশ্ন (Part C)
Part C : Grammar (25 Marks)
9. Read the text below and fill in the gaps with the root words in the brackets adding suitable suffix, prefix, or both. 0.5–10=5
Smoking is (a) .... (danger) bad habit. It is (b) .... ( harm) to health. It is also (c) .... (cost) . A (d) ..... (smoke) should not smoke (e) .... (public). Smoking creates (f) ..... ( pollute) .Smoking causes many (g) ..... (curable) diseases. It causes (h) .... (comfort) to others. It causes irritation in the eye and (i) ..... ( settle) the mind. But there are many people who are (j) ..... (aware) at the bad effect of smoking.
10. Fill in the gaps in the following text with appropriate articles (a, an or the). Put a cross (–) where no article is used. 0.5–10=5
(a) ..... idle man and (b) ..... active man cannot be equal. We know (c) ..... story of (d) ..... ant and (e) ..... Grasshopper. (f) ..... ant was industrious. On the other hand, the grasshopper was really (g) .... lazy. The ant knew that (h) ..... industrious shine. On (i) ...... contrary, (j) ..... lazy suffer in life.
11. Change the following sentences as directed in the brackets . 0.5–10=5
a) You must obey the law of a country (Negative) b) We made him leader (passive). c) All respect an honest person. (Interrogative) d) By whom are you being helped (active) e) I wish I were a king (Exclamatory)
12. Rewrite the following passage changing the form of speech. 05
“where are you going?’’ said the merchant. “I was coming to see you.” “what do you want?’’ “I want to earn my bread by the labour of my hands,’’ said the youth. “Do you really want work?’’ said the merchant.
13. Use capital letters and punctuation marks as needed in the following passage. .5–10=5
our national poet kazi nazrul islam was born in west bengal india on 24th may 1899 he used to lead a bohemian life his father died when he was only nine years old so he had to start a very struggling life from his very childhood.
Part C : Grammar (25 marks)
9. a) dangerous b) harmful c) costly d) smoker e) publicly f) pollution g) incurable h) discomfort i) resettled j) unaware.
10. a) An b) an c) the d) an e) a f) The g) h) the i) the j) the.
11. a) you can but obey the law of a country b) He was made leader by us. c) Who doesn’t respect an honest person? d) Who is helping you? e) If I were a king.
12. The merchant asked the youth where he (Youth) was going. The youth replied that he had been going to see him (m). The merchant again asked the Youth what he (Youth) wanted. The Youth replied that he (Youth) wanted to earn his bread by the labour of his hands. The merchant asked him if he (Youth) really wanted work.
13. Our national poet Kazi Nazrul Islam was born in West Bengal, India, on 24th May 1899. He used to lead a bohemian life. His father died when he was only nine years old. So he had to start a very struggling life from his very childhood.