১০ সেপ্টেম্বর, ২০১৮ ০০:০০ | পড়া যাবে ৫ মিনিটে
Read the passage and answer the questions 1, 2, 3 and 4:
One morning, Moxie the rabbit and Pluck the lizard talked to the fox and the rat. “Bluster has such a big, beautiful voice. Surely, he can share it with us,’’ said Moxie. They agreed. Bluster should share his voice with them. It was such a big voice. Each animal could have just a small piece of it. Bluster could share his voice with each animal. The animals talked and talked late into the afternoon. They made a plan to take Bluster’s voice. They decided not to tell the birds. But, they didn’t have to tell them! The birds were sitting in the tree and they heard the animals’ plan. At midnight, Pluck and Moxie quietly went to Bluster’ some. Bluster was sleeping in his bed, and without making a sound, they took his voice! They put it into a glass jar.
1. Match the word of the column A with their meaning that is mentioned in the text in column B : 1×5=5
Or, Write one of the words that completes each sentence. There are three extra words which you do not need to use.
heard; silence; bird; found; hide; steal; harsh; share
a. Bluster’s voice was not —.
b. All the animals wanted him to — his voice.
c. They made a plan to — his voice.
d. They planned to — from the birds.
e. But the birds — the animal’s plan.
2. Write true or false. If false, write the correct answer. 1×6=6
a. Moxie is a lizard.
b. Bluster had a big and melodious voice.
c. Each animal wanted to have a big piece of Bluster’s voice.
d. Pluck refers to the name of lizard.
e. Bluster was unable to share his voice with each animal.
f. Finally, Bluster’s voice was stolen.
3. Answer the following questions. 2×5=10
a. Who were talking about Bluster’s voice?
b. How was Bluster’s voice?
c. When and why did pluck and Moxie go to Bluster’s house?
d. What was the plan of the animals?
e. How did the birds hear about the animals’ plan?
f. Where did Pluck and Moxie keep Bluster’s voice?
4. Write a short composition in 5 sentences about ‘The Stealing of Bluster’s Voice’ by answering the following questions : 10
a. Who made a plan to steal Bluster’s voice?
b. Why did they want to Bluster’s voice?
c. Who went to bluster’s home?
d. When did they go there?
e. How did they steal Bluster’s voice?
1. (a+v); (b+vi); (c+i); (d+iv); (e+ii) or a. harsh; b. share; c. steal; d. hide; e. heard.
2. a. False. Correct answer : Moxie is a rabbit. b. true. C. False. Correct answer : Each animal wanted to have a small piece of Bluster’s voice .
d. True. e. False. Correct answer : Bluster was able to share his voice with each animal f. true.
3. a. Moxie the rabbit and pluck the lizard were talking with the fox and the rat about Bluster’s voice.
b. Bluster’s voice was big and beautiful.
c. Pluck and Moxie went to Bluster’s house at midnight to take Bluster’s voice.
d. The plan of the animals was to take Bluster’s voice. They also decided not to tell the birds about it.
e. As the birds were sitting on the tree while the animals were talking, they heard about the animals’ plan.
f. Pluck and Moxie kept Bluster’s voice into a glass jar.
4. The Stealing of Bluster’s Voice
Moxie and Pluck made a plan to steal Bluster’s voice along with the fox and the rat. They wanted to steal Bluster’s voice because his voice was big and beautiful. Pluck and Moxie quietly went to Bluster’s home. They went there at midnight while Bluster was sleeping. Without making a sound, they took Bluster’s voice and put it into a glass jar.