(গত সংখ্যার পর)
8. Write a paragraph on ‘Your School Magazine’ answering to the following questions.
(a) What is a school magazine? (b) What is the name of your school magazine? (c) How is the magazine committee formed? (d) What does it contain? (e) What is the importance of a school magazine?
9. Read the beginning of a story. Add at least 15 sentences to complete the story. Give a suitable title to it.
Once an ant was very thirsty. He went to a pond to drink water. When he began to drink water, a wave swept him away. He was about to drown………
10. The graph below shows the literacy rate of Bangladesh. Describe the graph in 150 words. You should highlight and summarize the information given in the graph.
The data is given in percentage
11. Suppose, your name is Sumon/Sumona. The annual prize-giving ceremony of your school was held yesterday. Now, write a letter to your friend Upam/Upoma describing it.
12. Write a dialogue between Polash and Pipash about their preparation for the coming SSC exam.
a.iii-zeal b. iv-Savar c.iii-eagerness d. i-December is the biggest festival e.ii-national f. iv-Respect g.i-All classes of people celebrate independence day
The significance of the Independence day in the history of Bangladesh is great. On this day the father of the nation, Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman indirectly declared the independence of Bangladesh in a huge gathering held in Race Course Maidan.
Early in the morning the President and the Prime minister on behalf of the nation place floral wreaths at the National Mausoleum at Savar. Then other leaders, political parties, diplomats, social and cultural organizations, educational institutions and freedom fighters pay tribute to the martyrs. People from all walks of life go there in rallies and processions.
Early in the morning the President and the Prime minister on behalf of the nation place floral wreaths at the National Mausoleum at Savar.
There are many cultural programs throughout the day highlighting the heroic struggle and sacrifice in 1971. The country also witnesses a spectacular parade of defense forces, Border Guards, Police, Ansars and the VDP (Village Defense Party) at the National Parade Ground near the National Parliament. In Bangabandhu National Stadium school children, scouts, and girl guides take part in various display to entertain thousands of spectators.
The significance of gunshots is immense. It symbolizes the calendar years of our independence.
a) force/destroyer/curse b) control/subdue/tame c) worst/greatest/vilest d) erosion/Jamuna e) happening/occurring
(i) in 1942
(ii) He wrote the book ‘A Brief History of Time: From the Big Bang to the Present Times’
(iii) In 1979
(iv) in Cambridge University
(v) He won the prestigious Albert Einstein award for theoretical Physics. In 1979.
Stephen Hawking is considered the greatest physicist after Einstein. He hailed from England in 1942. He wrote the book ‘A Brief History of Time: From the Big Bang to the Present Times’ in 1988. It became famous and established his reputation as a scientist. He received his PhD in cosmology from Cambridge University in 1968. But fortune did not favor him. In 1972 he became a victim of Gehrig’s diseases and having no control over his body. Notwithstanding, he was carrying out his research work using his computer. The great scientist passed away on 14 March 2018.
6. a/v/ii, b/i/iv, c/iii/iii, d/iv/I, e/ii/v.
7. 1-g, 2-a, 3-c, 4-b, 5-h, 6-f, 7-d, 8-e