মূলত English ডড়ত্ফ তিনটি অংশ দ্বারা গঠিত
১.The Root: Word এর prime meaning-ই হলো Root.
২. Prefix: Pre এর মানে পূর্বে আর ভরী মানে স্থাপন করা। অর্থাত্, Word এর পূর্বে কিছু যোগ করে নতুন শব্দ বানানোকে Prefix বা উপসর্গ বলা হয়। Prefix দ্বারা নতুন meaningful word গঠন করা হয়।
৩. Suffix: Suf (after) fix means that which is fixed after a word. অর্থাত্ সাফিক্স হল যা শব্দের পরে বসে। Suffix , word এর পরে বসে Parts of Speech এর পরিবর্তন ঘটায়। Suffix কে বাংলায় প্রত্যয় বলা হয়। Suffix যোগ করে Noun,Verb, adjective এবং Adverb গঠন করা হয়।
বহুল ব্যবহূত Prefix গুলো হল : Dis, En, Il, Im, In, Ir, Un, Mis, Non, Be, Re etc.
বহুল ব্যবহূত ঝঁভভরী গুলো হলো : r, er, or, ier, ion, sion, tion, able, hood, ment, ness, dom, en, ful, ly, ise, y, fy, ity, ty, less, ible, al, ism, ist, ive, ship, ance, th, ee, th, ption, ian, ie, ing, ous, cy, an etc.
Complete the text adding suffixes, prefixes or the both with the roots words given in the parenthesis.
1.Most of the students get (a)…….(nerve) about (b)……..(examine). As a result, they often forget the answers they get by heart. They fail to answer the questions(c)……(proper). Many parents put(d)…..(due) (e)…..(press) on their (child). This in turn makes them all more (g)…..(tense).During the exam, there are(h)…….(vigilators). They are(i)…..(teach)who watch over the (j)………(exam).
2. Complete the text adding suffixes, prefixes or the both with the root words given in the bracket.
Money cannot buy (a) — (happy) —. Money is (b) — (obvious) — necessary for our life. But it is not the thing that (c) — (necessary) — brings happiness. Happiness is (d) — (absolute) — a psychological thing. Basically, it is the name of a (e) — (feel) —. It lies in the (f)— (content) — of mind. A poor man with mental (g) — (satisfy) — may become really happy in life. On the other hand, a man with a lot of (h) —(rich) — may not be happy. Their wealth becomes the causes of (i) — (happy) — because most of the time they suffer from (j) — (secure) —. So, they lead a life full of cares and anxieties.
3. Complete the text adding suffixes, prefixes or the both with the roots words given in the parenthesis.
The city of Dhaka is (a)….(crowded)…..because there is a continuous (b)…..(migrate) of people from villages. To control this trend, different(c)….(install)….should be (d)…..(centralized)….Then people will not move towards the city for (e)…..(employ)……We should remember that the problems of Dhaka will not be changed(f)…..(night)…..or (g)….(automatic)…..Both govt. and people should work(h)….(earnest)……to solve these problems. Govt. may introduce (i)….(attract)……working opportunities in rural area which will check village people’s (j)….(incline)…..to come to the capital for their living.
4. Complete the text adding prefixes, suffixes or the both to the root- words given in the parentheses.
Education develops our mind through (a) ___ (form) learning. The moral and (b) ___ (intellect) training is provided by education. Again, the purpose of education is to (c) ___ (light) the individual. The (d) ___ (promote) of the individual’s capacity is also its purpose. Education (e) ___ (noble) our minds and refines our (f) ___ (sensible). So, there are (g) ___ (vary) advantages of education. We cannot find any (h) ___ (advantage) of education. In the present world, no (i) ___ (develop) is possible without education. The (j) ___ (prosper) of a country depends on proper education of the people.
5. Student life is the (a)…..(gold)…..season of life. This is a (b)….(form)…..period of life. This is the time for (c)…..(prepare)…..of future life. Students are the future (d)….(leader) of the country. They should have (e)….(patriot)…… They should achieve quality (f)……(educate)……and build themselves as (g)…..(compete)….citizens. They should gain(h)…..(know)…..and learn the art of (i)…..(behave)…..and (j)…..(interact)…….before others.
6. Complete the text adding suffixes, prefixes or both with the underlined root words. .
Our (a)…..(free)….. fighters are the real heroes of our country. We should remember them (b)…..(respect)…as they sacrificed their lives for the (c)……(liberate)…..of our (d)…….(loved)….motherland.