1. May Day or International workers’ Day is observed on May 1st
2. 21st February is a memorable Day in our national history
3. 26 March, our Independence Day is the biggest state festival
4. Pahela Boishakh is the first day of Bangla new year
5. Today there are many jobs where you need English
6. Meherjan lives in a slum on the Sirajgonj Town
7. Human can neither change the sun’s radiation
8. The pioneer of Bangladeshi modern art Zainul Abedin
9. Heritage is what we inherit from the past Unit
10. The French sculptor
11. The advantages of the Internet technology
12. Zahir Raihan was one
13. Michael Madhusudan Dutta
14. Steve Jobs.
1. The Missionary
2. Love for Humanity
3. Zahir Raihan
4. Lake Baikal Unit
6. Michael Madhusudan Dutt
7. The advantages of the Internet
8. Fish population is
9. Lake Baikal is the deepest
10. Soil pollution
3rd Passages (Unseen)
1. Humayun Ahmed
2. Albert Einstein
3. Mother Teresa
4. Rabindranath Tagore
5. Charles Babbage
6. Stephen Hawking
9. Sher-e-Bangla A K Fazlul Haq
10. Neil Armstrong
11. APJ Abdul Kalam
12. Nelson Mandela
1. 1Illiteracy retards the development programme.
2. We cannot ensure peace and prosperity without establishing human rights.
3. The sacrifice of the people of Bangladesh for the independence is unprecedented
4. We achieved our national flag at the cost of a sea of blood in 1971.
5. Friendship is one of the noblest expressions of human relations and instincts
6. Tolerance is not only an abstract virtue but also a simple affair of life
7. Man’s learning cannot be complete without the acquisition of good manners
8. Democracy means the rule of general people/democracy is a system of government
9. The Pyramids of Egypt are built thousands of years ago
10. Elderly population has been growing for centuries all over the world
11. Socrates was a great philosopher of ancient Greece
12. Friction between teenagers and parents is very common
13. Gender discrimination is a barrier to socio-economic development
14. We achieved our national flag.
15. Refugee crisis
1. The great scientist Luis Pasteur
2. Queen Victoria and Her Governess
3. Hazrat Omar (R)
4. Porus & Alexander, the great
5. Last Hours of Socrates
6. Solomon & Queen of Sheba
7. Socrates and His bad tempered Wife
8. A good lesson for an inconsiderate friend
9. Napoleon and an English Boy
10. Hazrat Abdul Quader and the Gang of Robbers
11. The Snake and the Crow
12. The Simplicity of Einstein
13. The Richman and the Farmer
14. A thirsty Crow
15. Rip Van Winkle
16. Tareq and his inconsiderate friend
17. The whales and their Family ties
18. The cook and the Master
19. Ibn Batuta
20. The Grasshopper and the Ant
21. The brave quazi and the king
22. Detecting the Thief
1. The Life of a Farmer
2. A School Magazine
3. A Railway Station
4. A Village Doctor
5. A Street Accident
6. A Tea Stall
7. Food Adulteration
8. Our National Flag
9. Traffic Jam
10. A street Hawker
11. A village Doctor
12. Tree plantation
1. The Lion and the Mouse
2. The cruelty of a Housemistress
3. A lottery turns the wheels of fortune of a rickshaw puller
4. The golden touch/King Midas
5. Grapes are sour
6. The old farmer and his quarrelsome sons
7. Who is to bell the cat?
8. The Fox and the Crow
9. Bayazid’s devotion to his Mother
10. Slow and steady wins the race
11. The ant and the dove
12. The scholar and the Boatman
13. A greedy Farmer
14. An Honest woodcutter
1. A graph on the percentage of a family’s household income distributed into different categories
2. A graph on ‘Young people’s changing attitude to pastimes’
3. A graph on ‘The mobile phone users/Facebook users/ Internet users by years’
4. A graph on ‘The people living below the poverty line by year’
5. A graph on ‘Average temperature of Bangladesh’
6. Comparative selling rates of four types of book in Ekushey Boi Mela.
7. Choice of profession by different educated people.
8. Yearly exports and imports
Writing Informal Letter/E-mail
1. A letter/email advising to take part in games and sports
2. A letter/email telling about how to improve English
3. A letter/email telling about Bangladesh and her people/country
4. A letter/email thanking for the hospitality shown to you
5. A letter describing the importance of reading newspaper
6. A letter describing annual–prize giving ceremony
7. A letter on what you intend to do after your SSC Examination.
8. A letter describing the picnic at a place of historical interest.
9. A letter describing the importance of physical exercise
10. A letter advising giving up smoking.
1. A dialogue regarding your future plan after the publication of the result.
2. A dialogue about the importance of tree plantation.
3. A dialogue on how to eradicate the illiteracy problem from Bangladesh.
4. A dialogue between you and your friend about the necessity of tree plantation.
5. A dialogue between you and a bookseller about buying a book.
6. A dialogue about the proper use of time.
7. A dialogue about the merits and demerits of mobile phone.
8. A dialogue about the importance of learning computer.
English 2nd Paper
Writing CV with cover letter
1. A CV for the position of a school teacher.
2. A CV for the position of a probationary officer in a Bank
3. A CV for the position of a field officer.
4. A CV for an office assistant
5. A CV for a library assistant
6. A CV for an IT officer
7. A CV for a marketing manager/Marketing Executive
8. A CV for the post of a Medical Representative
Formal letter/emails/complaint letter/notice/purchase order/responses to an order/request etc.
1. Application for a testimonial
2. Application for a full free studentship/financial help.
3. Application for admission.
4. Application for remission of delay fine.
5. Application for arranging a study tour
6. Seat in the school hostel
7. Repairing the damaged road
8. Starting/setting up a debating club/computer club/common room
9. Application for enhancing/increasing facilities of library/common room
Paragraph writing by listing/narrating/comparison and contrast/cause and effect
1. Your Visit to a Book fair
2. A Winter Morning
3. You’re School Library
4. Child Labour
5. Load Shedding
6. Traffic Jam
7. A Rainy Day
8. Benefits of early rising
9. A Day Labourer
Writing composition on personal experience and familiar topics/recent events/incidents/future plans etc.
1. Importance of Reading Newspaper
2. A Journey You Have Enjoyed
3. Value of time
4. Your first day at school
5. Importance of physical exercise
6. Computer as a blessing of science
7. Your Childhood memories
8. Duties of a student
9. Wonders of Modern science
10. The season you like Best
11. Your aim in Life.