২২ মে, ২০১৯ ০০:০০ | পড়া যাবে ৫ মিনিটে
1. Fill in the gaps with a/an/the and put a cross(x) where no article is needed. 0.5×8=4
The ant is (a) _____ industrious insect. No other insect is as industrious as an ant. If we open (b) _____ pages of history we shall see that (c) _____ men who have become great were (d) _____ industrious.(e) _____ industrious are like by all. We all should follow (f) _____ footprint of the industrious man, so that we can be (g) _____ successful man. Otherwise we have to (h) _____ suffer.
2. Choose the correct preposition from the box and fill in the gap. 0.5×8=4
An honest man is true (a) _____ his word. He does not deviate (b) _____ the path of honesty. He knows that peach consist (c) _____ honesty. So he does not fall a victim (d) _____ any greed. He has no ambition (e) _____ worldly things. He is loved (f) _____ all. He is not only respectable (g) _____ everybody but also (h) _____ Allah.
3. Complete the text using the words in the box as needed. 0.5×10=5
Once Hazrat Abdul Quader Zilani was going to Baghdad with (a) _____ rich merchants. He took a (b) _____ of books and some money with him. On the thirteen day some robbers attacked (c) _____ and took away (d) _____ from them. He also gave them the bundle of (e) _____ and money. He told the (f) _____ to make a good (g) _____ of those books. Them he would learn from them that (h) _____ is a sin. This changed all the (i) _____ and so they left this evil (j) _____ .
4. Make four sentences from the following substitution table. 1×4=4
|Time||not possible to regain the lost time.|
|The proper use of time||brings||sufferings in life.|
|Again the miss use of time||be||valuable in human life.|
|It||success in life|
5. Change the following sentences as directed in the brackets. 5×1=5
(a) Early rising is good for health. (Interrogative)
(b) A number of benefits are given to us by it. (Active)
(c) It is not easy to rise early. (Negative)
(d) How wonderful the weather is in the morning! (Make a statement sentence)
(e) Early rising is healthy, wealthy and wise. (Passive)
6. Fill in the gaps with right form of verbs given in the brackets. 0.5×8=4
The night was over. The mother (a) _____ (open in the past form) her eyes. She (b) _____ (see) her son (c) _____ (stand) by her bed with the glass of water. She (d) _____ (become in the past form) astonished. At first she not (e) _____ (understand) anything. After a while, she (f) _____ (remember) what (g) _____ (happen) at night. She said, ‘My dear son! Have you (h) _____ (spent) the whole night standing with the glass of water?’ The boy replied ‘Yes’, mother.
7. Use appropriate punctuation and capital letters where necessary. 4
haven’t you heard the name of the poet kazi nazrul islam very few poets in bengali literature are as famous as nazrul islam.
1. a) an b) the c) the d) × e) the f) the g) a h) ×
2. a) to b) from c) in d) to e) for f) by g) to h) to
3. a) some b) bundle c) them d) everything e) books f) robbers g) use h) robbery i) robbers j) deeds
4. (i) Time is valuable in human life.
(ii) The proper use of time brings success in life.
(iii) Again the misuse of time brings sufferings in life.
(iv) He was a very learned man.
(v) It is not possible to regain the lost time.
5. a) Isn’t early rising good for health?
b) It gives us a number of benefits.
c) It is difficult to rise early.
d) The weather is very wonderful in the morning.
e) We are made healthy, wealthy and wise by early rising.
6. a) Opened b) Saw c) Standing d) Became e) Did not understand f) Remembered g) Had happened h) Spent
7.‘Haven’t you heard the name of the poet Kazi Nazrul Islam? Very few poets in Bengali literature are as famous as Nazrul Islam.’