1. Once I asked a little girl, "What is your mother's name?" "I know my mother's name but I won't tell you that. I don't tell my mother's name to anybody whom I don't know," She said. "What a clever girl you are!"
2. "Could I help you, sir?" said the receptionist. The man replied, "Sure, I want to meet the Managing Director of the company." The receptionist said, "Do you have an appointment?" "Yes, I have," he said.
3. "Will you come to my house tomorrow?" I said to the boy, 'We can discuss terms and conditions then." "I shall be very happy to meet you at your house. Thank you so much," he replied.
4. The stranger said to the boy, "Will you tell me the way to the nearest hotel?" "Yes, I will. Do you want a residential one in which can spend the night?" the boy said. "I don't want to say there, but only want a meal," the stranger replied. The boy said, "Follow me."
5. "Where are you going?" said the merchant. "I was coming to see you." "What do you want?" "To earn my bread by the labor of my hands." "Do you really work?" said the merchant. "Yes, if you have any." Then follow me and carry a box from a shop to my house." "I do not see how I can do that," said the youth.
6. A hawker said, "Will you buy any paper? I have all types of newspaper and magazines. Please take one from me." "I buy books but now I need a weekly. Don't you have any weekly magazine?" said Susmita.
7. "May I come in sir?" A boy standing at the door said to him. Then without waiting for his reply the boy entered the room and said, "Sir, I have come from Palashpur with a letter from Mr. Ajit Bose?" "How is he?" He said smiling. "He is not well. He has been suffering from a serious illness for two years," The boy said. "How sad it is! May God cure him," He said.
1. Once I asked a little girl what her mother's name was. She replied that she knew her mother's name but she would not tell me that. She also said that she did not tell her mother's name to anybody whom she did not know. I exclaimed with wonder that she was a very clever girl.
2. The receptionist addressing the man as sir asked him if he (R) could help him (M). The man replied in the affirmative and said that he wanted to meet the Managing Director of the company. The receptionist asked if he (M) had an appointment. He replied in the affirmative and said that he (M) had.
3. I asked the boy if he would go to my house the following day. I added that we could discuss terms and conditions then. He replied that he would be very happy to meet me at my house. He thanked me very much.
4. The stranger asked the boy if he would tell him the way to the nearest hotel. The boy replied in the affirmative and said that he would. The boy asked him if he wanted a residential one in which he could spend the night. The stranger replied that he did not want to stay there, but he only wanted a meal. The boy told the stranger to follow him.
5. The Merchant asked the youth where he (y) was going. The youth replied that he (y) had been coming to see him (m). Again the merchant asked him (y) what he wanted. The youth said that he (y) wanted to earn his (y) bread by the labour of his (y) hands. The merchant again asked the boy if he (y) really wanted to work. The youth replied in the affirmative that if he (m) had any. Then the merchant ordered the youth to follow him (m) and to carry a box from a ship to his (m) house. The youth said that he (y) did not see how he (y) could do that.
6. A Hawker asked Susmita if she (S) would buy any paper. He (H) also said that he (H) had all types of newspapers and magazines. Again he requested her (S) to take one from him (H). Susmita replied that she (S) bought books but then she (S) needed a weekly. She also asked him (H) if he (H) didn't have any weekly magazine.
7. A boy standing at the door, addressing him as sir asked him if he (B) might come in. Then without waiting for his (S) reply the boy entered the room and respectfully said that he (B) had come from Palashpur with a letter from Mr. Ajit Bose. He asked smiling if he had really come from Ajit Bose. He again asked how he was. The boy replied that he was not well and added that he had been suffering from a serious illness for two years. He (S) exclaimed with grief that it was very sad and prayed that God might cure him.। ।