Part–A : Grammar
1. Change the sentence according to directions : 1×10 = 10
(a) How charming a moonlit night is! (Make is complex)
(b) It presents a very beautiful sight. (Make it compound)
(c) Its dazzles our eyes and soothes our heart. (Make it negative)
(d) People of all ages enjoy a moonlit night. (Change the voice).
(e) Little boys and girls indulge themselves in merriment and enjoy the nocturnal time. (Make it simple)
(f) The horizontally extended fields are awash with heavenly light of the moon. (Make it compound)
(g) Some people say that this night is magical. (make it simple)
(h) In winter a moonlit night appears the most enchanting. (Make it positive)
(i) Without enjoying the beauty of a moonlit night, one cannot tell about it. (Make it compound)
(j) In a word a moonlit night is very pleasant. (make it negative).
2. Complete the sentences. 1×5 = 5
(a) You will be promoted provided ___.
(b) If it gets worse, we ___.
(c) It is high time ___.
(d) He ordered me as if ___.
(e) I was so annoyed ___.
3. Complete the text adding suffixes, prefixes or both with the underlined root words. 0.5×10 = 5
Some people are endowed with (a) imagination power. They have (b) create. Such people make (c) mortal creations in different walks of life. They can do something (d) think. People respect them very much for their (e) contribute. They (f) rich human life, and (g) glory human (h) civilize. They remain (i) live in the hearts of the people even after their (j) depart from this world
4. Make tag questions of these statements. 1×5 = 5
(a) Everything went well, ___?
(b) They hid the whole thing from me, —?
(c) Do or die, —?
(d) When he came, all was going on well, —?
(e) That he will come today is uncertain, —?
5. Complete the passage using suitable connectors. 1×5 = 5
(a) — a kid I was a sort of daredevil and fond of skateboarding with which I spent most of my time. (b) — I ignored my mother’s repeated requests not to spend time with this risky sporting tool. (c) —, When I became a father, I found that I could not keep my eyes away from my little baby (d) — he might get hurt. (e) — I discovered that parenthood had rendered me a coward.
6. Use capital and punctuation marks where necessary in the following text : 5
crime is not the subject to think on or not only criminals are responsible for increasing the crime we the people of society are also responsible for it as we are used to watch the crime happening before our eyes and we just watch it like a dumb audience
1. (a) How charming a night which is moonlit!
(b) It presents a sight and the sight is very beautiful.
(c) It not only dazzles our eyes but also soothes our heart.
(d) A moonlit night is enjoyed by people of all ages.
(e) Indulging themselves in merriment little boys and girls enjoy the nocturnal time.
(f) There are fields horizontally extended and these are awash with heavenly light of the moon.
(g) According to some people this night is magical.
(h) No other moonlit night appears as enchanting as the one that appears in winter.
Or, In winter, no other night appears as enchanting as a moonlit night.
(i) One has to enjoy the beauty of a moonlit night or one cannot tell about it.
(j) In a word, a moonlit night is not unpleasant at all.
2. (a) that you work sincerely.
(b) will look for an alternative.
(c) we followed the new methodology.
(d) he had been my boss.
(e) that I could not continue the discussion with them.
3. (a) Imaginative (b) creativity (c) immortal (d) unthinkable (e) contributions (f) enrich (g) glorify (h) civilization (i) alive (j) departure
4. (a) didn’t it? (b) didn’t they? (c) will you?
(d) wasn’t it? (e) isn’t it?
5. (a) As (b) Often (c) Later (d) lest (e) Then/Gradually
6. Crime is not the subject to think on or not only criminals are responsible for increasing the crime. We, the people of society, are also responsible for it, as we are used to watch the crime happening before our eyes and we just watch it like a dumb audience.।