Read the text and answer the questions.
Maria is happy. She goes to school every day. She can learn the information because she reads Braille. Braille is a script that uses raised dots. Each letter is made from dots. People move their fingers across the raised dots to read. Maria learned to read Braille as a young child. Her books at school are in Braille. She enjoys reading poems and history. Maria's teacher says she is a good learner.
1. Choose the best answer from alternatives.
(i) Maria is a school ___ girl
(a) go (b) going (c) goer (d) gone
(ii) She goes to school ___
(a) irregularly (b) from time to time
(c) regularly (d) when she desires
(iii) She ___ information.
(a) learns (b) learn (c) learning (d) learnt
(iv) She reads ___
(a) normally (b) abnormally
(c) Braille (d) Heleni
(v) Braille uses ___
(a) high dots (b) small dots
(c) little dots (d) raised dots
(vi) In Braille dots ___
(a) make letters (b) made letters
(c) built letter (d) called letter
(vii) people read ___ their fingers across the raised dots.
(a) move (b) moved
(c) have moved (d) moving
(viii) Maria learned to read Braille in her ___
(a) tender age (b) childhood
(c) old age (d) school life
(ix) Poems and history are the ___ subjects of Maria.
(a) favourite (b) unfavourbale
(c) dear (d) distasteful
(x) What kind of learner is Maria?
(a) irregular (b) indifferent
(c) enthusiastic (d) dull
(xi) What is the story about?
(a) Maria's learning style (b) Maria's school
(c) Braille (d) Maria's subjects
2. Fill in the gaps from these words.
make, criticizes, reading, enjoyable, happy, praises, good
(a) Maria goes to school every day and so
she is ___
(b) She learns information ___ Braille.
(c) Dots ___ letters in Braille
(d) Reading poems and history is her ___ work.
(e) Maria's teacher ___ her.
3. Answer the following questions
(a) Why is Maria happy you think?
(b) How can she learn the information?
(c) What is Braille?
(d) How do people read in Braille?
(e) When did Maria learn to read Braille?
(f) How are her books in school?
(g) What does she enjoy?
(h) What does Maria's teacher say about her?
4. Write at least five sentences about Maria's ways of learning by answering the set of questions related to the text. (Remember to use capital letters, functions and correct sentence structure).
i. How can Maria learn the information?
ii. What is Braille?
iii. How does she read?
iv. How are her books in school?
v. What does she enjoy?
1. (i)-b, (ii)-c, (iii)-a, (iv)-c, (v)-d, (vi)-a,
(vii)-d, (viii)-a, (ix)-a, (x)-c, (xi)-a
2. (a) happy (b) reading (c) make (d) enjoyable (e) praises
3. (a) I think she goes to school every day and so she is happy.
(b) She can learn the information reading Braille.
(c) Braille is a script that uses raised dots.
(d) People read in Braille moving their fingers across the raised dots.
(e) Maria learned to read Braille when she was a young child.
(f) Her books in school are in Braille.
(g) She enjoys reading poems and history.
(h) Maria's teacher says about Maria that she is a good learner.
4. Maria can learn the information as she read Braille. Braille is a script that uses raised dots. Each letter is made from dots. Maria reads moving her fingers across the raised dots. She learned to read Braille as a young child. Her books in schools are in Braille. She enjoys reading poems and history.। ।