Read the passage and answer the questions 1, 2, 3 and 4:
One morning, Moxie the rabbit and Pluck the lizard talked to the fox and the rat. Bluster has such a big, beautiful voice. Surely, he can share it with us, said Moxie. They agreed. Bluster should share his voice with them. It was such a big voice. Each animal could have just a small piece of it. Bluster could share his voice with each animal. The animals talked and talked late into the afternoon. They made a plan to take Blusters voice. They decided not to tell the birds. But, they didnt have to tell them! The birds were sitting in the tree and they heard the animals plan. At midnight, Pluck and Moxie quietly went to Bluster some. Bluster was sleeping in his bed, and without making a sound, they took his voice! They put it into a glass jar.
1. Match the word of the column A with their meaning that is mentioned in the text in column B : 15=5
Or, Write one of the words that completes each sentence. There are three extra words which you do not need to use.
heard; silence; bird; found; hide; steal; harsh; share
a. Blusters voice was not .
b. All the animals wanted him to his voice.
c. They made a plan to his voice.
d. They planned to from the birds.
e. But the birds the animals plan.
2. Write true or false. If false, write the correct answer. 16=6
a. Moxie is a lizard.
b. Bluster had a big and melodious voice.
c. Each animal wanted to have a big piece of Blusters voice.
d. Pluck refers to the name of lizard.
e. Bluster was unable to share his voice with each animal.
f. Finally, Blusters voice was stolen.
3. Answer the following questions. 25=10
a. Who were talking about Blusters voice?
b. How was Blusters voice?
c. When and why did pluck and Moxie go to Blusters house?
d. What was the plan of the animals?
e. How did the birds hear about the animals plan?
f. Where did Pluck and Moxie keep Blusters voice?
4. Write a short composition in 5 sentences about The Stealing of Blusters Voice by answering the following questions : 10
a. Who made a plan to steal Blusters voice?
b. Why did they want to Blusters voice?
c. Who went to blusters home?
d. When did they go there?
e. How did they steal Blusters voice?
1. (a+v); (b+vi); (c+i); (d+iv); (e+ii) or a. harsh; b. share; c. steal; d. hide; e. heard.
2. a. False. Correct answer : Moxie is a rabbit. b. true. C. False. Correct answer : Each animal wanted to have a small piece of Blusters voice .
d. True. e. False. Correct answer : Bluster was able to share his voice with each animal f. true.
3. a. Moxie the rabbit and pluck the lizard were talking with the fox and the rat about Blusters voice.
b. Blusters voice was big and beautiful.
c. Pluck and Moxie went to Blusters house at midnight to take Blusters voice.
d. The plan of the animals was to take Blusters voice. They also decided not to tell the birds about it.
e. As the birds were sitting on the tree while the animals were talking, they heard about the animals plan.
f. Pluck and Moxie kept Blusters voice into a glass jar.
4. The Stealing of Blusters Voice
Moxie and Pluck made a plan to steal Blusters voice along with the fox and the rat. They wanted to steal Blusters voice because his voice was big and beautiful. Pluck and Moxie quietly went to Blusters home. They went there at midnight while Bluster was sleeping. Without making a sound, they took Blusters voice and put it into a glass jar.